A remotely hosted integrated solution to organize and enhance your office communications setup. An Internet Business Phone System offers low priced, highly adaptable, versatile and easily managed communications for your company.
What is an Internet Business Phone System?
A cloud based internet business phone system, is a telephony technology anchored on the internet. This wireless structure allows users to send and receive information, calls and data from anywhere using their tablet, laptop or mobile device. Thus, costly hardware and maintenance is unnecessary. This advantage allows for low pricing and great versatility.
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange. It is an older telephony system, within organizations, which allows users to communicate both internally with each other as well as externally with the outside world. This would normally require several phone lines including at least one for each user. Private Branch Exchange allows the splitting of each phone line into several internal lines through the use of numeric exchanges and switching technology. This is an older legacy system. It is reliable, but now considered rather archaic.
VoIP phone service providers use cloud based technology over WiFi to remotely handle the switching, networking and configuration of the telephony setup, thereby eliminating significant potential onsite costs for the client.
Premier Internet Business Phone System Providers:
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
Who Offers Internet Business Phone System Services?
Normally, managing VoIP technology for an office would require significant hardware and technical support personnel. Establishing a virtual phone system via the cloud lowers costs drastically because it is remotely hosted – over a wireless Internet connection. This means that all one needs are the physical phones and a router to set up the system.
A number of specialized companies are offering customizable virtual phone packages at bargain prices:
Sign Up a Free Trial of RingCentral’s Small Business or Enterprise Phone System Services!
Phone.com’s Affordable Business VoIP Phone Services begin at $9.99 a Month!
Grasshopper: Add a Business Line to your Personal Phone, so you can Work from Anywhere. Free Trial!
Hosted Virtual Phone Services on Offer
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers
- Virtual Receptionist Services
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging
- Business Directory Listings
Advantages of Hosted Systems to Small Business
For both small and larger sized companies, the potential advantages of hosted virtual telephony are numerous:
1) Integration of all devices: Land line phones, cell phones, PC’s and tablets can all be integrated, creating great versatility, convenience and mobility.
2) An effectively unlimited number of lines: New exchanges can always be added to a main number as needed.
3) Remotely managed features: such as custom greetings, on-hold music and line navigation instructions give a professional appearance to the company.
4) Enhanced office functions: Online meetings, conference calling, video interactions can all be seamlessly integrated.
5) Low Cost: Traditional equipment associated with an office based system: wires, switchboards and other hardware are all eliminated. With Cloud hosted PBX, phones for the system come preconfigured.
How is Virtual PBX Different from VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) routes and manages telephony via your internet connection. A Virtual Hosted PBX Phone System uses the services of a third party provider instead of your personal internet connection. The service of a dedicated, professional third party service makes it more reliable.
Are you a small business? See our selections for Internet Business Phone Systems for Small Business. Get detailed information and reviews and awards information from industry authorities.