A remotely hosted integrated solution to organize and enhance your office communications setup. An Internet Business Phone System offers low priced, highly adaptable, versatile and easily managed communications for your company.
What is an Internet Business Phone System?
A cloud based internet business phone system, is a telephony technology anchored on the internet. This wireless structure allows users to send and receive information, calls and data from anywhere using their tablet, laptop or mobile device. Thus, costly hardware and maintenance is unnecessary. This advantage allows for low pricing and great versatility.
Internet Business Phone Service:
Internet business phone service providers use cloud based technology over WiFi to remotely handle the switching, networking and configuration of the telephony setup. In this manner, significant potential onsite costs for the customer are eliminated.
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange. It is an older telephony system, within organizations, which allows users to communicate both internally with each other as well as externally with the outside world. This would normally require several phone lines including at least one for each user. Private Branch Exchange allows the splitting of each phone line into several internal lines through the use of numeric exchanges and switching technology. This is an older legacy system. It is reliable, but now considered rather archaic.
Best Internet Business Phone Providers
Normally, managing VoIP technology for an office would require significant hardware and technical support personnel. Establishing a virtual phone line system via the cloud lowers costs drastically because it is remotely hosted – over a wireless Internet connection. The best internet business phone providers are able to offer this without the need even for physical phones. All one may need is a headset. The workings of physical phones are simulated using installed software.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
3 Best Internet Business Phone System Providers
A number of specialized companies are offering customizable virtual phone bundles at bargain prices. We feature three of the best reviewed business internet phone providers, based on a combination of available technical features, ease of utilization, cost and customer service:
1) RingCentral Business Phone System
RingCentral – The world’s market share leader -in both revenue and number of subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). RingCentral’s packages begin with the Essentials service tier priced at $19.95 monthly. The company offers a complete cloud phone system that’s easy to setup, use, and manage. Setting up and configuring takes only minutes, There is a dedicated on-boarding specialist to ensure that installation goes smoothly and there are also pre-configured telephones that quickly connect to your existing WiFi. Onsite staff, remote workers, as well as your IT team will all have access to the same digital tools necessary to manage business communications via one single platform — anytime, anywhere, on any device.
A Video Introduction to RingCentral Office:
Sign Up a Free Trial of RingCentral’s Small Business or Enterprise Phone System Services!
2) Phone.com Internet Phone Service
Phone.com – Was founded in 2007. The company is based in Newark, New Jersey and is one of the premier self-service cloud communications platforms for small business worldwide. The company offers a cloud-based, unified communication solution for small businesses. It prides itself in providing the most comprehensive suite of modern telephony features for the lowest price found anywhere.
Whether one is a solo entrepreneur running a one-person business, a small business looking to update your existing phone system to the modern age or a large company looking for a more cost-effective multi-line phone system for your workplace the company has tailored solutions for you. So you can have your team at one single location (such as an office) or spread across the world working online. This virtual phone line system works in an identical manner in all cases. You and your work team will always feel connected, with each other as well as with your customers.
A Video of the Phone.com System’s Main Features:
Phone.com’s Affordable Internet Business Phone Service bundles begin at only $9.99 a Month!
3) Grasshopper VoIP Business Phone Provider
Grasshopper – Is one of those internet business phone providers that focuses on small biz including one-man operations, or so-called “solopreneurs”. The company is headquartered in Needham, Massachusetts. Grasshopper was founded in 2003 . Its price is the most expensive of the three services listed here. It starts at $26 (for its standard package) for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. It is billed annually. Also on offer is Grasshopper Connect, priced at $35 monthly.
The Grasshopper app is available for iOS and Android. Toll Free, Vanity and Local numbers are available. You can also port your current virtual number! Link your existing mobile number to start calling and texting immediately. The service allows you to get a business phone number with all of the features and benefits of a robust phone line system without having to pay extra for additional devices. Thereby, your personal number always stays private and you always know when a business call is coming through. Both apps give you a second phone number. So This is a full virtual internet business phone system which includes texts, inbound fax, calls, custom greetings, extensions, etc.). The higher priced Grasshopper Connect is a unified messaging platform. It combines texts, calls and emails from each contact into one conversation. This allows for a high degree of organization.
A Video Review of the Grasshopper Business Phone Service
Grasshopper: Add a Business Line to your Personal Phone, so you can Work from Anywhere, even on the go. Free Trial!
Hosted Virtual Business Phone Service Bundles on Offer
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers – 800 numbers are still available even at this time. So are numbers from the other toll free exchanges including 888, 877, 866, 855, and the newly available 844. Additionally offered are vanity numbers.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers – For companies with a regional or local clientele it can be an advantage to have local phone numbers that are recognizable as being of the area that the company is serving. Local franchises, culturally relevant services, small biz departments, for example may prefer a number with an area code local to their particular area.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – The first impression that a company makes on a customer is vital. Virtual receptionist services provide your company with the image of a large, established organization. Internet business phone providers services offer wide adaptability and allows you to present a highly professional face to your clientele.
- Audio and Video Conferencing – Conference calling services are a very powerful tool which allow your company to eliminate the cost of travel and logistics. You save time and money by eliminating travel and mailing expenses in many instances.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging – This allows you to set up of a phone answering service offering wide ranging, professional sounding recorded messages. Your business is provided an air of legitimacy in the corporate environment. Through their partnerships with recording companies, both Phone.com and RingCentral can tailor messages and greetings to specific clients, personnel, products, promotions, departments and more. A number of ready made and template scripts are available to give you a starting point for ideas on how to customize your company messages.
- Business Directory Listings – Growing business presence over time can be a daunting and costly endeavor, if not done properly. It is one thing to have an excellent service or product on offer. It is however another matter to be able to be located by your potential customers. So business directory listings are an additional service which can be worth thousands of dollars in value.
View our breakdown of the Business Phone Plan Cost of each of the above providers’ bundles.
Advantages of Small Business Phone System Bundles
For both small, mid and larger sized companies, the potential advantages of hosted virtual telephony are numerous. This has become so much clearer at the present time when so many employers are having their workers work remotely, for health and other reasons. The advantages include:
1) Integration of all devices: Land line phones, cell phones, PC’s and tablets can all be integrated, creating great versatility, convenience and mobility.
2) An effectively unlimited number of business phone lines over the Internet: New exchanges can always be added to a main number as required.
3) Remotely managed features: such as custom greetings, on-hold music and line navigation instructions give a professional appearance to the company.
4) Enhanced office functions: Online meetings, conference calling, video interactions, instant messaging, can all be seamlessly integrated.
5) Low Cost: Traditional equipment associated with an office based system: wires, switchboards and other hardware are all eliminated. With Cloud hosted PBX, phones for the system come preconfigured.
How is Virtual PBX Different from VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) routes and manages telephony via your internet connection. A Virtual Hosted PBX Phone System uses the services of a third party provider instead of your personal internet connection. The service of a dedicated, professional third party service makes it more reliable. It also greatly reduces maintenance costs. Your IT department, for example, can be just a phone call away with no onsite visits by them necessary when there are technical problems with the service.
Are you a small business? See our selections for Internet Business Phone Services for Small Business bundles. Get detailed information and reviews and awards information from industry authorities.
Best Internet Small Business Phone Systems to Buy
1. AT&T SynJ SB67158 DECT 6.0 4-Line Corded/Cordless Small Business Phone System with Answering System
Intuitive Features: Simplifies business communications with features that are intuitive, with large backlit displays. Intelligent help features, a simple navigation pad for easy scrolling of menus. Comes with easy-to-read buttons and function keys.
Auto attendants: Allows Customization of call handling either business hours or for after-hours periods. If you are running multiple businesses, use the four auto attendants to create distinct greetings for each one.
Multi handset mobility: Features multiple handset and/or cordless deskset mobility. This comes with advanced built-in Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) 6.0 which transmits voice over multiple channels. Provides high voice and sound quality as well as protection against wiretapping. There is much better range than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz phone systems. This feature also does not interfere with wireless routers.
Push-to-talk: Contact a colleague or send a message to your whole group instantly. The system’s push-to-talk intercom function connects you with the other handsets as well as the base as needed. Similar to using a walkie-talkie.
Voicemail boxes: Allows superior customer service through a group mailbox with voicemail available on every extension. All workers can customize their messages to align with on their respective schedules, allowing callers to be served effectively.
Cordless range: You can be plugged in even when away from your station. Two to six repeaters can be connected to increase cordless mobility range up to half a mile.
Line status appearance: Receiving multiple calls? SynJ’s line appearances make it simple to juggle several calls at once.
Two-year warranty: Above and beyond the industry standard!
2. Business Phone System by Grandstream: Manufactured to offer a centralized solution for business telephony, the UCM6200 series IP PBX appliance is an internet business phone system that combines enterprise-grade voice, date, video and mobility features into a single easy-to-manage product and service. It is an IP PBX tool allowing companies to unify various communication technologies, such as voice, video calling, data tools, video conferencing, mobility options, video surveillance and facility access managing together through a single common network that can be accessed and manged remotely. Note: This is a 4 Phone Bundle offer.
Price: $192.90 & FREE Shipping.
The UCM6200 series offers enterprise-grade features without the need for licensing fees, costs-per-feature charges or recurring fees. This is A Gigabit IP phone for intro level users. The system GXP1628 comes with a suite of powerful VoIP features in an easy-to-use product with a sleek, aesthetically pleasing modern design. Support for up to 2 lines is offered and it features Gigabit ports to maximize connection speeds and to offer the highest call quality. Each phone includes 8 BLF/speed dial keys with which workers can easily monitor the presence and status of other extensions. Calls can also be transferred through this. HD audio is standard with this system, for crystal-clear calls, 3-way conferencing. There are 3 XML programmable soft keys for easy customization as well as EHS support for Plantronics headsets and included Power over Ethernet (PoE) to allow one single cord to both supply power to the phone and connect it to the network. The wide range of utilities allows the GXP1628 to be a high-quality and versatile basic internet phone system for businesses