A remotely hosted integrated solution to organize and enhance your office communications setup. An Internet Business Phone System offers low priced, highly adaptable, versatile and easily managed communications for your company.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
What is an Internet Business Phone System?
A cloud based internet business phone system, is a telephony technology anchored on the internet. This wireless structure allows users to send and receive information, calls and data from anywhere using their tablet, laptop or mobile device. Thus, costly hardware and maintenance is unnecessary. This advantage allows for low pricing and great versatility.
Premier Internet Business Phone System Providers:
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange. It is an older telephony system, within organizations, which allows users to communicate both internally with each other as well as externally with the outside world. This would normally require several phone lines including at least one for each user. Private Branch Exchange allows the splitting of each phone line into several internal lines through the use of numeric exchanges and switching technology. This is an older legacy system. It is reliable, but now considered rather archaic.
VoIP phone service providers use cloud based technology over WiFi to remotely handle the switching, networking and configuration of the telephony setup, thereby eliminating significant potential onsite costs for the client.
Who Offers Internet Business Phone System Services?
Normally, managing VoIP technology for an office would require significant hardware and technical support personnel. Establishing a virtual phone system via the cloud lowers costs drastically because it is remotely hosted – over a wireless Internet connection. This means that all one needs are the physical phones and a router to set up the system.
3 Best Internet Business Phone System Services
A number of specialized companies are offering customizable virtual phone packages at bargain prices. We feature three of the best reviewed, based on a combination of available technical features, ease of utilization, cost and customer service:
1) RingCentral Business Phone System
RingCentral – The world’s market share leader -in both revenue and number of subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). RingCentral’s packages begin with the Essentials tier priced at $19.95 monthly. The company offers a complete cloud phone system that’s easy to setup, use, and manage. Setting up and configuring takes only minutes, There is a dedicated on-boarding specialist to ensure that installation goes smoothly and there are also pre-configured telephones that quickly connect to your existing WiFi. Onsite staff, remote workers, as well as your IT team will all have access to the same digital tools necessary to manage business communications via one single platform — anytime, anywhere, on any device.
A Video Introduction to RingCentral Office:
Sign Up a Free Trial of RingCentral’s Small Business or Enterprise Phone System Services!
2) Phone.com Internet Phone Service
Phone.com – Was founded in 2007. The company is based in Newark, New Jersey and is one of the premier self-service cloud communications platforms for small business worldwide. The company offers a cloud-based, unified communication solution for small businesses. It prides itself in providing the most comprehensive suite of modern telephony features for the lowest price found anywhere.
Whether one is a solo entrepreneur running a one-person business, a small business looking to update your existing phone system to the modern age or a large company looking for a more cost-effective multi-line phone system for your workplace the company has tailored solutions for you. So you can have your team at one single location (such as an office) or spread across the world working online. This virtual phone system works in an identical manner in all cases. You and your work team will always feel connected, with each other as well as with your customers.
A Video of the Phone.com System’s Main Features:
Phone.com’s Affordable Business VoIP Phone Services begin at only $9.99 a Month!
3) Grasshopper VoIP Business Phone System
Grasshopper – Focuses on small businesses including one-man operations. The company is headquartered in Needham, Massachusetts. Grasshopper was founded in 2003 . Its price is the most expensive of the three. It starts at $26 (for its standard package) for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. It is billed annually. Also on offer is Grasshopper Connect, priced at $35 monthly.
The Grasshopper app is available for iOS and Android. Toll Free, Vanity and Local numbers are available. You can also port your current virtual number! Link your existing mobile number to start calling and texting immediately. The service allows you to get a business phone number with all of the features and benefits of a robust phone system without having to pay extra for additional devices. Thereby, your personal number always stays private and you always know when a business call is coming through. Both apps give you a second phone number. So This is a full virtual phone system which includes texts, inbound fax, calls, custom greetings, extensions, etc.). The higher priced Grasshopper Connect is a unified messaging platform. It combines texts, calls and emails from each contact into one conversation. This allows for a high degree of organization.
A Video Review of the Grasshopper Business Phone System
Grasshopper: Add a Business Line to your Personal Phone, so you can Work from Anywhere, even on the go. Free Trial!
Hosted Virtual Business Phone Services on Offer
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers – 800 numbers are still available even at this time. So are numbers from the other toll free exchanges including 888, 877, 866, 855, and the newly available 844. Additionally offered are vanity numbers.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers – For companies with a regional or local clientele it can be an advantage to have local phone numbers that are recognizable as being of the area that the company is serving. Local franchises, culturally relevant services, small biz departments, for example may prefer a number with an area code local to their particular area.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – The first impression that a company makes on a customer is vital. Virtual receptionist services provide your company with the image of a large, established organization. An internet based phone service offers wide adaptability and allows you to present a highly professional face to your clientele.
- Audio and Video Conferencing – Conference calling services are a very powerful tool which allow your company to eliminate the cost of travel and logistics. You save time and money by eliminating travel and mailing expenses in many instances.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging – This allows you to set up of a phone answering service offering wide ranging, professional sounding recorded messages. Your business is provided an air of legitimacy in the corporate environment. Through their partnerships with recording companies, both Phone.com and RingCentral can tailor messages and greetings to specific clients, personnel, products, promotions, departments and more. A number of ready made and template scripts are available to give you a starting point for ideas on how to customize your company messages.
- Business Directory Listings – Growingr business presence over time can be a daunting and costly endeavor, if not done properly. It is one thing to have an excellent service or product on offer. It is however another matter to be able to be located by your potential customers. So business directory listings are an additional service which can be worth thousands of dollars in value.
View our breakdown of the Business Phone Plan Cost of each of the above providers.
Advantages of Internet Based Systems to Small Business
For both small and larger sized companies, the potential advantages of hosted virtual telephony are numerous:
1) Integration of all devices: Land line phones, cell phones, PC’s and tablets can all be integrated, creating great versatility, convenience and mobility.
2) An effectively unlimited number of lines: New exchanges can always be added to a main number as required.
3) Remotely managed features: such as custom greetings, on-hold music and line navigation instructions give a professional appearance to the company.
4) Enhanced office functions: Online meetings, conference calling, video interactions, instant messaging, can all be seamlessly integrated.
5) Low Cost: Traditional equipment associated with an office based system: wires, switchboards and other hardware are all eliminated. With Cloud hosted PBX, phones for the system come preconfigured.
How is Virtual PBX Different from VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) routes and manages telephony via your internet connection. A Virtual Hosted PBX Phone System uses the services of a third party provider instead of your personal internet connection. The service of a dedicated, professional third party service makes it more reliable.
Are you a small business? See our selections for Internet Business Phone Systems for Small Business. Get detailed information and reviews and awards information from industry authorities.
Best Cordless Small Business Phone Systems to Buy
1. AT&T SynJ SB67158 DECT 6.0 4-Line Corded/Cordless Small Business Phone System with Answering System
Price: $237.55 & FREE Shipping.
Intuitive Features: Comes with features that are easy to use, including large backlit displays, context-sensitive help, a user-friendly, simple navigation pad for navigating menus and easy-to-read buttons and function keys.
Auto attendants: You can customize call handling during business hours and after. Are you running more than one business? There are four auto attendants, allowing you to set up separate greetings for each one.
Push-to-talk: Contact a coworker or broadcast a message to your whole team quickly. SynJ’s push-to-talk intercom feature connects you with the other handsets or the base instantly. Similar to using a walkie-talkie.
Cordless range: Stay plugged in even when you’re away from your station. Connect up to six repeaters to extend cordless mobility range up to 1/2 mile.
Multi handset mobility: Comes with multiple handset and/or cordless deskset mobility. Includes built-in Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) 6.0. You can transmit your voice across multiple channels. Provides superior voice and sound quality, high protection against wiretapping and offers better range than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz phone systems, while not interfering with wireless routers.
Voicemail boxes: Enhance your customer service with a group mailbox and voicemail on every extension. Your employees can customize their messages to correspond with their daily schedules, ensuring callers are handled effectively.
2. Business Phone System by Grandstream: Starter Pack with Auto Attendant, Voicemail, Cell & Remote Phone Extensions, Call Recording & Free Mission Machines. Includes Telephone Service for 1 Full Year (This is a 4 Phone Bundle)
Price: $638.88 & FREE Shipping.
This system works with any combination of digital lines provided by others (Comcast, Spectrum, FiOS, Time Warner, and others). Offer includes the system’s 4 CO voice server, 4 Grandstream phones (Model GXP1628), and 1 year free Dialtone for 2 lines. Value of $48.45 per month!
- NEVER LOSE A CALL. Complete mobility features allow automatic call forwarding of your office calls to your cellular phone. This is just one way to enjoy this robust system that is loaded with features such as voice mail to email, call waiting, caller ID and much more.
- CHOOSE PHONE COMPANY LINES and/or VoIP phone Lines. This system supports connections of up to 4 standard telephone lines (provided by third party companies such as Comcast, Spectrum, Verizon Fios, Altice, Time Warner, Frontier, AT&T, CenturyLink, Cable One, etc.) and the use of 12 SIP VoIP lines.
- FREE DIALTONE OFFER includes 1 year free Dialtone service for 2 lines. This is a free Offer Value of $48.45 monthly or $581 savings for the full year! Note: Requires a fast internet connection (broadband – provided by customer) of the server to the internet.
- FULLY LOADED SYSTEM – No additional fees apply. The system supports various types of SIP extensions (desksets) – not limited to a single manufacturer. Do you need a cordless extension to integrate with this system? No problem! System will support cordless extensions by Grandstream, Panasonic and more.