A cloud hosted integrated solution to organize and integrate your office communications setup. An Internet Business Phone Sys is a telephony system that offers low priced, highly adaptable, versatile and easily managed data transmission and communications for your company.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
What is an Internet Business Phone Sys?
A cloud based internet business phone sys (with “sys” being short for “system”, is a telephony architecture centered on the internet. This wireless setup allows workers to send and receive data, information and calls from anywhere using any computing device such as their tablet, laptop or mobile phone. As a result of this, costly hardware and maintenance is not needed. This gives way to low pricing and great technical versatility.
Internet Business Phone Service:
A workplace that uses a standard desk phone company phone system is shackled, limited and caught between the phone company and the limited number of features and support available to them thereby. With a remotely hosted system, all the communication formats and features are centralized in one place, using one easily accessible, simple interface.
The various system functionalities include video conferencing, phone calls, meetings, local and international phone numbers, call recording and messaging are managed using a single cloud phone system application. This greatly simplifies things for users. Using a cloud business phone sys service simplifies your company’s communication down to an accessible, easy-to-use, efficient, yet powerful package.
Getting Started with a Business Phone Sys Service
How does one get started? The firs step is to clearly identify your business needs. This will determine the suite of features you select and the package tier and pricing you opt for. In material terms, all that is required to begin installation is a WiFi connection and an internet-enabled computing devices. Once you have decided on which is the best business phone sys company for your needs, you will need to determine what communication methods and devices you will use as means of access. Cloud based phone systems are versatile, so the complexity of your particular phone system configuration can vary widely depending on how you choose to use it.
3 Best Internet Business Phone Sys Providers
There are a number of major specialized providers that offer customizable virtual phone bundles at surprisingly low rates. We are featuring three of the top rated companies, based on a combination of available technical features, ease of utilization, cost and customer service:
1) RingCentral Business Phone Sys
RingCentral – Leads the world -in both revenue and number of subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). The company’s packages start on the lower tier with the Essentials package priced at $19.95 monthly per user. The company offers a complete cloud business phone sys package that’s easy to order, configure, setup, use, and manage. Setting up and configuring takes only minutes. The company provides you with a dedicated on-boarding specialist to help with the installation and to make sure that it goes smoothly. If desired, there are also pre-configured phones that quickly connect to your existing WiFi network. So your workers onsite, remote employees and even your IT team will all have readily available the same digital tools required to handle and manage business communications through one single dedicated platform — anytime, anywhere, on any device.
A Video Introduction to RingCentral Office:
Sign Up a Free Trial of RingCentral’s Small Business or Enterprise Phone System Services!
2) Phone.com Business Phone System
Phone.com – Was founded in 2007. The company is based in Newark, New Jersey and has grown to become one of the top self-service cloud communications facilitators for small business worldwide. Phone.com is a true communications platform that is designed to support physical phones as well as mobile devices and softphones. They offer a remote hosted, unified communication solution for small businesses. The company believes that it offers the most comprehensive suite of modern telephony features for the lowest price found anywhere. It proclaims this proudly!
- VoIP that just works on any device. Distinct from standard virtual-only phone service providers, Phone.com is an actual communications platform. So it can support physical phones as well as mobile devices and softphones.
- A modern feature set that is ever expanding, improving and will make your business as well and fully equipped in its communications features as any large commercial enterprise. Features include conferencing, texting, sophisticated call management, and more.
- A web-based administration panel. Easy and simple to access and understand. You can add users or make system changes easily and conveniently from anywhere and at any time. There’s no need to be a tech expert.
- A frictionless future. There are free software upgrades and new features regularly offered automatically so that your business phone sys solution is always state-of-the-art. As your business grows, the company grows with you.
- Excellent customer support. The highly trained US-based support team is available by 24/7 to answer questions, provide information and give you the help you need to succeed.
A Video of the Phone.com System’s Main Features:
Phone.com’s Affordable Business VoIP Phone Service bundles begin at only $9.99 a Month!
3) Grasshopper VoIP Business Phone Provider
Grasshopper – Is uniquely designed for smaller businesses including one-man operations. The company is located in Needham, Massachusetts. Grasshopper was founded in 2003 .
Grasshopper’s price is the most expensive of the three. It starts at the low end at $26 (for its “Standard” package) for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. This is billed yearly. Also offered is Grasshopper Connect, priced at $35 per month. This business phone sys has the following main features:
A single inteface.
Grasshopper Connect provides a single place for all office communications: business calls, voicemails, texts and emails all separated from the clutter and spam of personal communications. Bring your conversations together on your device in a professional virtual setting and get back to your customers in the channel they prefer.
Separate work and personal.
Obtain a business phone number with all the added features of a robust, complete, efficient phone system without the expense of additional devices. That way, your personal number stays private and separate and you always know when a business call is coming through.
Look and sound professional.
Grasshopper identifies when a call is business related, channeling it through the proper interface. This way, you can present your best voice professionally. Your business will look more corporate as it includes features such as custom greetings and extensions that welcome callers with a virtual receptionist and directs them to the right extension, department or employee.
The Grasshopper app is available for both iOS and Android. Toll Free, Vanity and Local numbers are on offer. You can also port in your current virtual phone number! Link your existing mobile number to start calling and texting immediately.
A Video Review of the Grasshopper Business Phone Service
Grasshopper: Add a Business Line to your Personal Phone, so you can Work from Anywhere, even on the go. Free Trial!
Hosted Virtual Business Phone Service Bundles on Offer
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers – 800 numbers are still available even at resent. So are numbers from the other toll free exchanges including 888, 877, 866, 855, and the now newly offered 844. Additionally offered are vanity numbers.
- Audio and Video Conferencing – Conference calling services are a very powerful tool which permit your company to eliminate the cost of travel and other expensive logistics. You save time and money by eliminating travel and mailing expenses in many cases.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers – For companies with a regional or local customer base it can be an beneficial to have local phone numbers that are recognizable as being of the area that the company serves. Local franchises, events managers, culturally relevant services, small biz departments, for example may benefit from a number with an area code identifiable as being of their particular area.
- Business Directory Listings – Growing business presence over time can be a challenging and costly enterprise, if not done properly. It is one thing to have a good service or product to offer the public. It is however something else entirely to be able to be located by your potential customers. Business directory listings are therefore an additional service which can be worth thousands of dollars in value.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – The first impression that a company makes on a customer is critical. Virtual receptionist services give your company the image of a large, well established organization. The proper business phone sys service offers wide adaptability and allows you to present a highly professional face to your clientele.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging – This allows you to create a phone answering service providing wide ranging, professional sounding recorded messages. Your business presents an air of legitimacy in the corporate world. Through partnerships with a number of professional recording companies, both Phone.com and RingCentral create tailored messages and greetings for specific clients, personnel, products, promotions, departments, etc.. A number of ready made template scripts are available to choose, to give you a starting point to develop ideas on how to further customize your company messages.
View our breakdown of the Business Phone Plan Cost of each of the above providers’ bundles.
Advantages of Small Business Phone System Bundles
For both small, mid and larger sized companies, the potential advantages of hosted virtual telephony are numerous. This has become so much clearer at the present time when so many employers are having their workers work remotely, for health and other reasons. The advantages include:
2) An effectively unlimited number of business phone lines over the Internet: New exchanges can always be added to a main number as required.
5) Low Cost: Traditional equipment associated with an office based system: wires, switchboards and other hardware are all eliminated. With Cloud hosted PBX, phones for the system come preconfigured.
4) Enhanced office functions: Online meetings, conference calling, video interactions, instant messaging, can all be seamlessly integrated.
3) Remotely managed features: such as custom greetings, on-hold music and line navigation instructions give a professional appearance to the company.
1) Integration of all devices: Land line phones, cell phones, PC’s and tablets can all be integrated, creating great versatility, convenience and mobility.
Are you a small business? See our selections for Internet Business Phone Services for Small Business bundles. Get detailed information and reviews and awards information from industry authorities.
Best Internet Small Business Phone Systems to Buy
1. AT&T SynJ SB67158 DECT 6.0 4-Line Corded/Cordless Small Business Phone System with Answering System
Price: $237.55 & FREE Shipping.
Intuitive Features: Comes with many features that are easy to use. These including large back lit displays, intuitive context-sensitive help, a user-friendly, simple navigation pad for getting through menus and easy-to-read buttons and function keys.
Auto attendants: Call handling during business hours and after can be customized. Are you running more than one business? There are four auto attendants available, so you can set up a separate greeting for each one.
Push-to-talk: Contact a coworker or broadcast a new message to your whole team instantly. SynJ’s push-to-talk intercom utility connects you with the other handsets or the base instantly. It is just like using a walkie-talkie.
Cordless range: You are plugged in even when you’re away from your station. Connect up to six repeaters to extend cordless mobility range a distance of up to 1/2 mile.
Multi handset mobility: Comes with multiple handset and/or cordless deskset mobility. There is built-in Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) 6.0. This allows you to transmit your voice across several channels simultaneously. Provides superior, hi-fi voice and sound quality, protection against wiretapping and offers better range than standard 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz phone systems. It does not interfere with wireless routers.
Voicemail boxes: You are able to enhance your customer service with a group mailbox and voicemail…..available on every extension. Your employees can tailor messages to correspond with their work schedules, ensuring callers are handled effectively.
2. Business Phone System by Grandstream: Starter Pack with Auto Attendant, Voicemail, Cell & Remote Phone Extensions, Call Recording & Free Mission Machines. Includes Telephone Service for 1 Full Year (This is a 4 Phone Bundle)
Price: $638.88 & FREE Shipping.
This system works with any combination of digital lines provided by others (Comcast, Spectrum, FiOS, Time Warner, and others). Offer includes the system’s 4 CO voice server, 4 Grandstream phones (Model GXP1628), and 1 year free Dialtone for 2 lines. Value of $48.45 per month!
- NEVER LOSE A CALL. Complete mobility allows automatic call forwarding of your office calls to your cell phone. Enjoy this robust system that is loaded with features including voice mail to email, call waiting, caller ID and much more.
- CHOOSE PHONE COMPANY LINES and/or VoIP Lines. Supports connections of up to 4 standard telephone lines (provided by third party companies such as Verizon Fios, Altice, Time Warner, Comcast, Spectrum, Cable One, Frontier, AT&T, CenturyLink, etc.) and the use of 12 SIP VoIP lines.
- FREE DIALTONE OFFER includes 1 year free Dialtone service for 2 lines. A Value of $48.45 monthly or $581 savings for the full year, as this is offered for free! Note: Requires a broadband internet connection of the server to the internet.
- FULLY LOADED SYSTEM – There are no additional fees. The system supports a number of different of SIP extensions (desksets) – not limited to a single manufacturer.If you need a cordless extension to integrate with this system, the system will support cordless extensions by Grandstream, Panasonic and others.