We looked into the value and quality of a number of providers in the cloud hosted service niche. Consistently three companies came up offering cheap business phone line services with a broad range of features and ease of use.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
the evaluations we used were not only focused on price -there are several other low priced service packages available online- but as well on how well suitability to small business was relevant to their offers. In this case, we found the best of both worlds: low priced affordability, great simplicity in integration, technical advancement and -with two of the three companies- free trials that allow one to test the service at no risk.
Cheap Business Phone Line Companies
- RingCentral – The leader in market share leader internationally -interms of both revenue and number of subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). This company is headquartered in Belmont, California. Pricing plans begin with the Essentials package at $19.95 per month per user. This is available for up to 20 users, which is an adequately high number for many small business needs.
- Phone.com – Began as a company in 2007. It is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey and is one of the world’s most user-friendly self-service cloud communications platforms for small business. Phone.com officially describes itself as: “The #1 Affordable Business VoIP Phone Service”. This si a core of its marketing approach. It’s service packages begin at a notably cheap base price of $12.99 per month. You can actuially also obtain an effectively lower rate by paying for a full year’s service up front. This lowers the effective monthly price to $9.99.
- Grasshopper – A popular company located in Needham, Massachusetts, Grasshopper was founded in 2003 with a particular focus on small business customers. Grasshopper’s price point is the highest of the three. Its rate begins at $26 for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. It is billed yearly.
The suites of cheap business phone line services offered by each company are extensive, but there is great deal of overlap. Below are the basic selections of virtual tools common to all three companies:
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers: A toll-free number gives your business immediate credibility and provides your customers convenient access to your company. Select from 877, 888, 800, 866, 855 prefixes. Additionally on offer are vanity toll-free numbers.
- Local & Regional Phone Numbers: These let you to simulate a local presence by choosing from several available area codes. You can direct customer calls to a particular number, then allocate additional numbers to call queues and users. Additionally, you can make use of the abundance of advanced hi-tech features that an internet based small business phone system has to offer.
- Virtual Receptionist: With this automated answering service, you are able to welcome callers with a customized company greeting. From here, you can provide employee and department extensions to allow callers to opt for an appropriate extension. This feature is customizable to a great degree.
- Video and Audio Conferencing: The three companies offer video conference calling. With is, up to several hundred people can engage in any virtual conference or meeting. Geographical location is not a barrier because connecting can be done worldwide. You can enhance your team efficiency with one-click screen sharing from any appropriate device: laptop, desktop, cell phone, applications, tablet, websites, files, and so on.
- Voice Messaging and Business Phone Answering: Voicemail-to-email lets you send voicemail messages by email so you can read or listen to them even while you are in transit on-the-go.
- Business Directory Listings: This is one way you can increase your company’s visibility. It offers free publication of your contact information in local and national business directories.
Sign up Today for RingCentral’s Cheap Business Phone Line. Free Trial!
Get Phone.com’s Cheap Small Business Phone Line System, with rates starting at $9.99 per Month!
Grasshopper’s Uniquely Designed Cheap Phone Lines for Small Businesses. Also offers a Free Trial!
Also: See our introductory article on the technical components of an Internet Business Phone System.