Our research into the quality and value of a number of providers consistently brought up three companies offering cheap small business phone system services with a broad range of features and great convenience.
Our criteria was not only focused on price -there are a number of low priced service packages available online- but also on how well the focus on small business was integrated into the offer. In this case, we found the best of both worlds: low priced affordability, great simplicity in integration, technical superiority and -in two of the three cases- free trials that allow you to test the service at no risk.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
Cheap Small Business Phone Systems
- RingCentral – The premier market share leader internationally -in both revenue and subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). The company is based in Belmont, California. RingCentral’s pricing begins with its Essentials package at $19.95 per month per user. It allows up to 20 users, which is a conveniently high number for many small business clients.
- Phone.com – Founded in 2007, headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, Phone.com is one of the world’s most convenient self-service cloud communications platforms for small business. Phone.com officially (on it’s home page online) tags itself as: “The #1 Affordable Business VoIP Phone Service”. It’s service packages begin at an astonishingly cheap base price of $12.99 per month. You can even get an effectively lower rate by paying for a year’s service in advance. This lowers the effective monthly price to $9.99.
- Grasshopper – Based in Needham, Massachusetts, Grasshopper was founded in 2003 and has a unique focus on small business customers. Grasshopper’s price is the most expensive of the three. It starts at $26 for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. It is billed annually.
The collection of cheap small business phone system services offered by each company is extensive, but there is great deal of overlap. Below are the basic suite of virtual tools common to all three companies:
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers: A toll-free number gives your business instant credibility and offers your customers easy access to your company. Choose from 800, 877, 888, 866, 855 prefixes. Also on offer are toll-free vanity numbers.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers: These allow you to replicate a local presence by selecting from numerous available area codes. You can direct customer calls to a single number, allocate additional numbers to call queues and users, and take advantage of the plethora of advanced hi-tech features that a cloud-based small business phone system has to offer.
- Virtual Receptionist Services: Use this automated answering service to welcome callers with a custom company greeting. With this, you can provide employee and department extensions to enable callers to choose an appropriate extension. This feature is highly customizable.
- Audio and Video Conferencing: The three companies offer video conference calling allowing up to several hundred people to be part of any virtual meeting. Geographical location is no barrier as conferencing can be done worldwide. Boost your team efficiency with one-click screen sharing from any suitable device: cell phone, desktop, applications, laptop, tablet, websites, files, and more.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging: Voicemail-to-email sends voicemail messages via email so you are able to read or listen to them even while you are on-the-go.
- Business Directory Listings: Increase your company’s visibility with free publication of your contact information in national and local business directories.
Sign up Today for RingCentral’s Low Priced Phone System for Small Business. Free Trial!
Get Phone.com’s Cheap Small Business Phone System, Starting at $9.99 per Month!
Grasshopper’s Uniquely Designed Affordable Phone Service for Small Businesses. Free Trial!
Click here to see small business phone system prices of three selected companies.
Also: See our introductory article on the technical components of an Internet Business Phone System.
See 3 selected business phones internet service providers reviewed.