Three established, respected companies are the focus of our new look into the ideal Internet Phone System for Small Business clients. The three companies are
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
Internet Business Phone System for Small Business
- RingCentral – The premier market share leader internationally -in both revenue and subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). The company is based in Belmont, California.
- Phone.com – Founded in 2007, headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, Phone.com is one of the world’s most convenient self-service cloud communications platforms for small business.
- Grasshopper – Based in Needham, Massachusetts, Grashopper was founded in 2003 and has a unique focus on small business customers.
The collection of services offered by each company is extensive, but there is significant overlap. Here, we take a look at a suite of virtual tools common to all three companies:
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers: A toll-free number gives your business instant credibility and provides your customers with easy access to your company. Choose from 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, or toll-free vanity numbers.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers: Create a virtual local presence by selecting from numerous available area codes. You can direct customer calls to a single number, allocate additional numbers to call queues and users, and take advantage of the plethora of features that a cloud-based internet phone system for small business has to offer.
- Virtual Receptionist Services: Use this automated answering service to welcome callers with a custom company greeting. For example, provide employee and department extensions to enable callers to choose an appropriate extension.
- Audio and Video Conferencing: The three companies offer video conference calls with up to several hundred people in a virtual meeting. Geographical location is no barrier as this can be done worldwide. Boost your team efficiency with one-click screen sharing from your desktop, mobile, applications, websites, files, and more.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging: Voicemail-to-email sends voicemail messages via email so you can read or listen to them even while you are on-the-go.
- Business Directory Listings: Increase your company’s visibility with free publication of your contact information in national and local business directories.
Sign up Today for RingCentral’s Internet Phone System for Small Business. Free Trial!
Get Phone.com’s Small Business Phone Service, Starting at $9.99 per Month!
Grasshopper’s Uniquely Designed Phone Service for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses. Free Trial!
Also: See our introductory article on the technical components of an Internet Business Phone System.