A virtual, cloud hosted integrated solution to organize and enhance your office telephony setup. An Office Phone System for Small Business offers the advantage of low priced, highly customizable, versatile and powerful managed communications for your workplace.
What is an Office Phone System for Small Business?
Everything you need for your business to function is in one robust and reliable cloud communications solution. From click-to-dial operations to one-click video conferencing, all of your team can readily accesses the same must-have digital tools through a single, intuitive platform that seamlessly works across office sites and computing and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is simple and IT can manage it all from any location.
Office Phone System for Small Business Advantages
- Get work done as a team from anywhere: Message, meet, conference, call, and even fax using any computing devices.
- No need for app switching: Integrate with numerous work tools like Microsoft, G Suite, and Salesforce.
- Never miss a call, conversation or communication: Stay connected with industry-leading reliability and a 99.999% uptime SLA.
- Track and organize the important details: Add and remove team members, track service quality, monitor work details – all from the administration portal.
- Protect your team’s data: Conversations are kept secure at every layer throughout your organization.
- Distant from each other doesn’t have to mean apart form one another: Feel like everyone’s present in the meeting with HD audio and video calls.
Best Internet Business Phone Providers
Normally, managing VoIP technology for an office would require significant hardware and technical support personnel. Establishing a virtual phone line system via the cloud lowers costs drastically because it is remotely hosted – over a wireless Internet connection. The best internet business phone providers are able to offer this without the need even for physical phones. All one may need is a headset. The workings of physical phones are simulated using installed software.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
3 Best Small Biz Phone System Providers
A number of specialized companies are offering customizable virtual phone bundles at bargain prices. We feature three of the best reviewed small biz office phone system providers, chosen because of a combination of their advanced technical features, ease of utilization, cost and customer service:
1) RingCentral Small Business Office Phone System
One intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration, and contact center.
From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone readily accesses the same must-have digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that seamlessly works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy and IT can manage it all from anywhere.
Increase productivity on a global scale by bringing your international teams together with ease.
Expanding beyond borders is no longer a headache. Activate international numbers instantly in over 80 countries, and add more whenever you need them. We provide local numbers, free global extension-to-extension dialing, and free inbound calling. You’ll also have a dedicated Technical Account Manager and Customer Success Manager to help with implementation, along with 24/7 support. Experience the efficiency and convenience of having one comprehensive solution across all markets.
RingCentral – The world’s market share leader -in both revenue and number of subscribers- for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). RingCentral’s available tiers begin with the Essentials package priced at $19.95 monthly.
A Video Introduction to RingCentral Office:
Sign Up a Free Trial of RingCentral’s Small Business or Enterprise Phone System Services!
2) Phone.com Phone System for Small Business
Phone.com – Was founded in 2007. The company is based in Newark, New Jersey and is one of the top cloud hosted platforms for small business worldwide. The company offers a unified communication solution and prides itself in providing the most comprehensive suite of modern office communications features for the lowest price found anywhere.
VoIP that just works on any device. Unlike virtual-only phone services, Phone.com is a true communications platform that can support standard physical telephones as well as mobile devices and softphones.
A modern feature set that allows your business to be as well equipped as any large enterprise. It features conferencing, texting, sophisticated call management, and more.
A web-based administration panel. You can add users or make system changes on the fly from any location. You do not need to be a telecom expert. It’s that simple!
A frictionless future. You are given free software upgrades and new features so that your unified communications solution is always state-of-the-art. As your business grows, the offered services grow with you.
Unparalleled support. The company offers US-based bilingual support (English and Spanish) 24/7 to help you succeed.
Phone.com is the industry benchmark, work-from-anywhere solution for today’s versatile, mobile, and always-on entrepreneurs and small biz mavens.
Pick your Plan
Plans start a the low price of $9.99 per month. There’s no contract and no commitment.
Get or Transfer Your Number
Choose from local, toll-free, and vanity numbers. Like your current number, port it and bring it along!
No special hardware is required. Link your existing devices and enjoy all of the service’s 50+ features.
A Video of the Phone.com System’s Main Features:
Phone.com’s Affordable Internet Business Phone Service bundles begin at only $9.99 a Month!
3) Grasshopper Phone System for Small Biz
Get started with Grasshopper in 4 easy steps
- Select your App: Choose between Grasshopper or Grasshopper Connect depending on how you’ll use your business number.
- Select a Number: There are Toll Free, Vanity and Local numbers. Grasshopper also lets you port your current virtual number!
- Download the App: Available for both iOS and Android.
- Call and Text: Easily link your present mobile number and you can start calling and texting right away.
Separate work and personal.
You can obtain a business phone number along with all of the features of a robust phone system without the expense of additional hardware devices. In this manner, your personal number stays private and you always know when a business call is coming through.
Look and sound professional.
Because you know if a call is business related, you can put your best voice forward. It gives your business a larger, more professional image. Additionally, there are features such as custom greetings and extensions with which you can welcome callers and direct them to the right department or employee.
Grasshopper – Is one of those Office Phone System for Small Business providers that focuses on the smallest companies including one-man operations, or so-called “solopreneurs”. The company is based in Needham, Massachusetts and was founded in 2003 . Its price is the most expensive of the three services featured here. It starts at $26 (for its standard package) for 1 number, which comes with 3 extensions. Billing is done annually. Also offered is the higher tiered Grasshopper Connect, at $35 monthly.
A Video Review of the Grasshopper Business Phone Service
Grasshopper: Add a Business Line to your Personal Phone, so you can Work from Anywhere, even on the go. Free Trial!
Hosted Virtual Business Phone Service Bundles on Offer
- 800 and Toll- Free Numbers – Choosing an easy-to-remember phone number can go a long way towards improving your brand recognition. Most of the best virtual phone services will even allow you to choose vanity phone numbers.
- Regional & Local Phone Numbers – VoIP internet phone systems enhance geographical mobility by allowing companies to choose phone numbers that work for them. Your phone number can be customized to fit your specific regional needs.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – Phone.com offers Live Receptionist. With this, your business can have its very own live answering service adding versatility and flexibility. During periods of high call volume or where there are multiple extensions to transfer to, the US-based professional live receptionists answer all calls live and can then guide your customers to wherever you choose such as a voicemail box or a different extension.
- Audio and Video Conferencing – Customers also get first-class audio, video, and web conferencing that empowers communication from any device and form any location. Browser-based web conferencing facilitates online meetings without any downloads, delays, or complicated set-up. There is screen and document sharing, perfect for team members working from home.
- Business Phone Answering & Voice Messaging – Offering wide ranging, professional sounding recorded messages. Your business is provided an air of legitimacy in the corporate world. Through their partnerships with a number of professional recording companies, both Phone.com and RingCentral can tailor messages and greetings to specific clients, personnel, products, promotions, departments and more. A number of ready made and template scripts are also available.
- Business Directory Listings – Business directory listings are an additional service which can be worth thousands of dollars in value.
View our breakdown of the Business Phone Plan Cost of each of the above providers’ bundles.
Advantages of Small Business Phone System Bundles
For both small, mid and larger sized companies, the potential advantages of hosted virtual phone services are numerous. This has become so much clearer at the present time when so many employers are having their workers work remotely, for health and other reasons. The advantages include:
1) Integration of all devices: Land line phones, cell phones, PC’s and tablets can all be integrated, creating great versatility, convenience and mobility.
2) An effectively unlimited number of business phone lines over the Internet: New exchanges can always be added to a main number as required.
3) Remotely managed features: such as custom greetings, on-hold music and line navigation instructions give a professional appearance to the company.
4) Enhanced office functions: Online meetings, conference calling, video interactions, instant messaging, can all be seamlessly integrated.
5) Low Cost: Traditional equipment associated with an office based system: wires, switchboards and other hardware are all eliminated. With Cloud hosted PBX, phones for the system come preconfigured.
Are you a small business? See our selections for Small Business Phone Solutions bundles. Get detailed information and reviews and awards information from industry authorities.